Gordon Senior, P.D., Chair
Office: Art Building — A38
Phone: (209) 667-3431
Professors: Moore, Olivant, Robbin, Savini, Senior, Shirvani, Werness
Associate Professor: DeCocker
Assistant Professor: Gomula
The Art Department promotes the creation and historical understanding of art and design by offering curriculum that exposes students to a diverse range of art-making processes and a broad spectrum of artistic and intellectual models taught by an energetic faculty of practicing artists and scholars.
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Art (Mixed Subject)
Bachelor of Arts in Art (Art History)
Bachelor of Arts in Art (Studio)
Subject Matter Preparation Program in Art
Minor in Art
Minor in Art History
Liberal Studies degree concentration in Art
Also offered is a postbaccalaureate Printmaking Certificate Program. Refer to the Graduate Catalog.
- Complete University General Education requirements for the Bachelor of Arts or the Bachelor of Fine Arts degree (51 units).
- Complete University requirements for the specific degree program.
- Participate in an exhibition of graduating BA/BFA candidates, with the exception of Art History students.
Liberal Studies Concentration in Art
Please refer to the Liberal Studies section of the catalog.
Students who complete the degree program leading to a Bachelor of Art degree in studio or Art History will have achieved:
- A broad understanding of major techniques, processes, and theoretical approaches to drawing, painting, printmaking, sculpture, and new media.
- A broad critical knowledge of important cultures, movements, periods, styles, and individuals in the History of Art.
- The ability to prosper creatively from critical input and exposure to varied viewpoints and backgrounds.
- The ability to progress from an idea through stages to a completed creative statement that exhibits originality, conviction, and quality.
- The ability to benefit through a professional involvement directly or indirectly related to visual art.
- The ability to value the self-enriching nature of Art and to see parallel applications in other endeavors in life.