Mark E. Bender, Ph.D., Chair
Professors: Bender, Schoenly
Assistant Professors: Hauselt, Wooley
Office: Bizzini Hall 108A-C
Phone: (209) 664-6648
Bachelor of Arts in Agricultural Studies with concentrations in Agricultural Biology, Agricultural Business/Economics, Permaculture, and Special Concentration
Business Administration concentration in Agricultural Business *
*Please see the College of Business Administration section of the catalog.
- Explain basic economic principles with respect to the production and distribution of agricultural resources;
- Explain the principles of agricultural and environmental resource management;
- Describe agricultural business and marketing practices;
- Explain the physical, chemical, and biological principles of agroecosystems;
- Summarize global perspectives on food issues;
- Provide examples of restorative and sustainable agricultural practices;
- Describe spatial and other quantitative techniques;
- Understand public policy, regulatory, and land use issues;
- Explain the social context of agricultural production;
- Critically assess agricultural issues and trends;
- Systematically develop communicative, analytical, quantitative, and critical thinking skills;
- Be exposed to diverse teaching and learning strategies in a number of academic disciplines;
- Gain applied experience through internships and service learning;
- Experience a high quality academic program that prepares them for changing and emerging professional opportunities in the region; and
- Be involved in an educational experience that helps prepare them for graduate studies and teaching.
In pursuing these objectives, the program encourages students to critically assess agricultural issues and trends; provides students with opportunities to systematically develop their communicative, analytical, quantitative, and critical thinking skills; exposes students to diverse teaching and learning strategies in a number of academic disciplines; and delivers a high quality academic program that prepares students for emerging professional opportunities.