Janelle Culjs, R.N., A.N.P., Ph.D., Program Director
Office: Stockton Campus Phone: (209) 513-9412
View information for the School of Nursing , including Learning Objectives for the School and its programs.
The ASBSN option is designed for the student with a bachelor’s degree in a discipline other than nursing who has completed all prerequisites; the accelerated option requires students to attend full-time for 17 months versus the traditional pre-licensure track which requires 3 years of full-time study.
Admission into programs leading to licensure and credentialing does not guarantee that students will obtain a license or credential. Licensure and credentialing requirements are set by agencies that are not controlled by or affiliated with the CSU and requirements can change at any time. For example, licensure or credentialing requirements can include evidence of the right to work in the United States (e.g., social security number or tax payer identification number) or successfully passing a criminal background check. Students are responsible for determining whether they can meet licensure or credentialing requirements. The CSU will not refund tuition, fees, or any associated costs, to students who determine subsequent to admission that they cannot meet licensure or credentialing requirements. Information concerning licensure and credentialing requirements are available from program coordinator.
Minimum Admission Requirements for the ASBSN Track
Students seeking to enter the program must have:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited school in a discipline other than nursing
- Completion of the 10 prerequisites
- Overall GPA of 3.0
- Science prerequisites GPA of 3.0
- Non-Science prerequisites GPA of 3.0
- Minimum test score of 70% (adjusted individual score) on the ATI TEAS V test
- International Students: Proficiency in spoken and written English with the following minimum TOEFL scores: 550 for the paper-based examination, 80 on Internet-based examination.
*Program Admission is contingent upon meeting minimum requirements listed and passing a physical exam, drug screening, and a background check.