Oct 21, 2021
View information for the Business Administration B.S. , including Learning Objectives for the B.S. and its concentrations.
Pengtao Li, Ph.D., Adviser
Office: Demergasso-Bava Hall 212
Phone: (209) 664-6871
The concentration in General Business is available to students earning the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration .
View the degree program Roadmap, which provide recommended advising maps to complete the degree program. Please consult your academic advisor as you develop your academic plan.
The General Business concentration is intended for students wishing to take coursework in several functional areas of business. To this end, the student must choose coursework in a minimum of three different functional areas of business administration including compuet information systems. The resulting broad overview of business should enable graduates to gain entry into a variety of lower-level management positions in a broad range of businesses.
1. Complete the Baccalaureate Degree Requirements.
A student must comply with all University regulations and satisfy the following requirements:
- Units and Residency (minimum of 120 units: 40 units of upper division coursework and 30 semester units at Stanislaus State. At least 24 of these 30 units must be earned in upper-division courses, at least 12 must be in the major, and at least 9 must be applicable to General Education-Breadth requirements)
- Grade Point Average (minimum grade point average of 2.0 (C) or better)
- General Education (minimum of 49 units)
- Upper Division Writing Proficiency (minimum of 3 units)
- Writing Proficiency (WP) Course (may double count in the major)
- United States Constitution and California State and Local Government (minimum of 3 units)
- Multicultural Requirement (minimum of 3 units) (may double count with General Education requirements or in the major)
Subsequently all students must submit an application for graduation and receive approval from the major advisor, department chair, and Director of Academic Advising. For more information see the Baccalaureate Degree Requirements .
2. Complete the following prerequisites with a letter grade of C- or better in each course:
3. Complete the Writing Proficiency Requirement:
4. Complete a minimum 26 units of coursework in the business administration core with a letter grade of C- or better in each course:
(26 units minimum)
5. Complete a concentration.
Complete 15 units of upper-division (3000- and 4000-numbered courses) coursework in a minimum of three of the six functional areas of Accounting, Finance, Management, Marketing, Computer Information Systems, and Operations Management within the College of Business Administration. These courses may not include the General Education courses ACC 3005 Personal Financial Planning and FIN 3210 Investment Management.
All courses in the General Business concentration must be completed with a letter grade of C– or better.