Randall B. Brown, Ph.D., Director
Office: Demergasso-Bava Hall 209A
Phone: (209) 667-3280
Professors: Aly, Brown, Deng, Gnepa, Hernandez, Khade, Peter Li, Murti, Petrosky
Associate Professors: Harris, Johnson, L., Wagner
Assistant Professors: Chronis, Petratos
The program provides study in advanced concepts of business, industry, and government operations. This program is designed for the active manager or technical supervisor as well as the recent graduate who is interested in advanced study in the field of business. The program includes accounting, finance, operations management, marketing, economics, management, and computer information systems.
Admission to the Program
Qualified applicants holding a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university may be admitted to the program. Each applicant must submit the following to the Enrollment Services Office:
- A fully completed California State University Graduate Application for Admission form.
- Two copies of official transcripts from each college attended other than CSU Stanislaus.
Each applicant also must submit the following to the MBA Program Director, College of Business Administration:
- A completed MBA Program Application Form.
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty and/or other professional sources.
- The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score, which should be sent directly from the testing service. The MBA Program Director will consider indicators of high promise of success in postgraduate business study from the following:
- Performance on the GMAT: All candidates must sit for the GMAT prior to being admitted to the program. They must achieve a score of 450 or higher in the overall category. They must achieve scores in the quantitative and verbal categories at or above the 20th percentile. And, they must achieve a minimum score of 3.5 in the “analytical writing” component.
- Candidate’s overall or upper-division grade-point average prior to admission to the program: A minimum of 2.5 GPA is required, either overall or upper-division. In addition, a total of 1000 points must be achieved based on the formula
(200 times the overall GPA plus the GMAT), or a total of 1050 points based on the formula (200 times the upper-division GPA plus the GMAT).
- Experience: Candidates must demonstrate a two-year record of relevant, full-time employment in a professional or supervisory role. Applicants wishing to enter the program without the required two years experience may achieve a waiver of the work experience requirement by meeting a higher point score of 1150 based on the formula (200 times overall GPA plus the GMAT total score).
- Applicants may take the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) as an alternative to the GMAT. They must achieve a score of 450 or higher in both the quantitative and verbal categories. The average of these two sections should then be applied to the formula used to compute total points (see formulas, 3b).
- Applicants whose native language is not English must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and have a minimum total score of 550 (or 213 electronic) with part scores of at least 54 (21 electronic), reported directly from the testing service.
Requirements (33 units minimum)
The Master of Business Administration is awarded upon satisfactory completion of 33 units of core and graduate elective courses and either the completion of a graduate project or the passing of a comprehensive examination. Students must have completed the 21 units of foundation courses listed below or their equivalents. To be exempted from any or all foundation courses, equivalent undergraduate courses must have been completed with a grade of C or better within ten years prior to admission to the program. Exemptions from the foundation courses also can be obtained by passing the corresponding qualifying examination.