Veronica Pehl, RN, MSN Interim Program Director
Office: Stockton Center Phone: (209) 664-4435
View information for the School of Nursing , including Learning Objectives for the School and its programs.
The ASBSN option is designed for the student with a bachelor’s degree in a discipline other than nursing who has completed all prerequisites; the accelerated option requires students to attend full-time for 15 months versus the traditional pre-licensure track which requires 3 years of full-time study.
Prerequisites or Equivalent for the ASBSN Track
1. First year Composition ENGL 1001, or ENGL 1002, or ENGL1005, or ENGL 1007
2. Anatomy w/Lab ZOOL 2250
3. Physiology w/Lab ZOOL 2235
4. Chemistry (general, inorganic, organic or integrated chemistry will be accepted)
5. Microbiology MBIO 2010
6. Group Discussion or Public Speaking COMM 2000
7. Critical Inquiry or Philosophical Inquiry PHIL 2000, or PHIL 2005, or PHIL 2100, or COMM 2300
8. Statistics MATH 1600
9. Intro to Sociology SOCL 1010
10. Intro to Psychology PSYC 2010
Students seeking to enter the program must have:
1. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited school in a discipline other than nursing
2. Completion of the 10 prerequisites
3. Overall GPA of 3.0
4. Science prerequisites GPA of 3.0
5. Non-Science prerequisites GPA of 3.0
6. Minimum test score of 70% (adjusted individual score) on the ATI TEAS V test
*Program Admission is contingent upon meeting minimum requirements listed and passing a physical exam, drug screening, and a background check.