Eric Broadwater, Chair
Professors: Broadwater, Everett, Mayer, Mercier
Assistant Professors: Becz, Heidelbach, James
Office: Drama Building - D15
Phone: (209) 667-3451
Bachelor of Arts in Theatre Arts with two optional concentrations in Performance and Technical Theatre
Minor in Theatre Arts
Liberal Studies degree concentration in Theatre
Liberal Studies Concentration in Theatre
Please refer to the Liberal Studies section of this catalog.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students will demonstrate:
- Knowledge of the history and traditions of theatre.
- Knowledge of techniques of script and character analysis in the context of a theatrical production/activity.
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of technical theatre and design, from both a traditional and contemporary perspective.
- Understanding of shop equipment, safety and techniques through elaboration of production in the scene and costume shops of the department.
- The ability to perform in a variety of studio/stage settings.
- The integration of learning goals through senior projects.
- A strong understanding of teamwork and collaboration.