Jun 22, 2018
View information for the Department of Kinesiology , including Learning Objectives for the department and its programs.
The Single Subject Matter Preparation Program is designed for students who plan to enter the Single Subject Credential Program in Physical Education.
1. Complete the Baccalaureate Degree Requirements.
A student must comply with all University regulations and satisfy the following requirements:
- Units and Residency (minimum of 120 units: 40 units of upper division coursework and 30 semester units at Stanislaus State. At least 24 of these 30 units must be earned in upper-division courses, at least 12 must be in the major, and at least 9 must be applicable to General Education-Breadth requirements)
- Grade Point Average (minimum grade point average of 2.0 (C) or better)
- General Education (minimum of 49 units)
- Upper Division Writing Proficiency (minimum of 3 units)
- Pass the Writing Proficiency Screening Test (WPST)
- Writing Proficiency (WP) Course (may double count in the major)
- United States Constitution and California State and Local Government (minimum of 3 units)
- Multicultural Requirement (minimum of 3 units) (may double count with General Education requirements or in the major)
Subsequently all students must submit an application for graduation and receive approval from the major advisor, department chair, and Director of Academic Advising. For more information see the Baccalaureate Degree Requirements .
Recommend KINS 1000 and KINS 1610 for General Education area E. Each course counted toward the major, including prerequisites, must be completed with a grade of C- (1.7) or higher. All courses counted toward the major (both within and outside of the Department) must be taken on a letter grade basis. This degree prepares students for admission to the Single Subject Credential Program in Physical Education; the Bachelor of Arts, Kinesiology: Single Subject Matter Preparation Program was approved by the CCTC in 2009.
2. Complete the prerequisites to the major:
The Major required courses for the Single-Subject Matter Program
1. Complete the following core courses:
2. Complete the following breadth/depth courses:
Movement Perspective Courses
3. Complete all of the following courses:
4. Choose two courses from the following:
Supplementary Authorization in Health Science and in Physical Education
The holder of a Multiple Subject, Single Subject, Standard Secondary, or Special Secondary Teaching Credential may have one or more of the subjects commonly taught in departmentalized classes and listed below added to his or her credential as a supplementary authorization by verifying completion of the following requirements specified in California Administrative Code, Title 5 Sections 80057.5, 80089, 80089.1 and 80089.2. Supplementary authorizations cannot be issued in any subject that falls within the statutory single subject category of an applicant’s Single Subject Teaching Credential.
The department offers courses for the Introductory Health Science supplementary authorization and the Introductory Physical Education supplementary authorization.