1. Complete the Baccalaureate Degree Requirements.
A student must comply with all University regulations and satisfy the following requirements:
- Units and Residency (minimum of 120 units: 40 units of upper division coursework and 30 semester units at Stanislaus State. At least 24 of these 30 units must be earned in upper-division courses, at least 12 must be in the major, and at least 9 must be applicable to General Education-Breadth requirements)
- Grade Point Average (minimum grade point average of 2.0 (C) or better)
- General Education (minimum of 49 units)
- Upper Division Writing Proficiency (minimum of 3 units)
- Pass the Writing Proficiency Screening Test (WPST)
- Writing Proficiency (WP) Course (may double count in the major)
- United States Constitution and California State and Local Government (minimum of 3 units)
- Multicultural Requirement (minimum of 3 units) (may double count with General Education requirements or in the major)
Subsequently all students must submit an application for graduation and receive approval from the major advisor, department chair, and Director of Academic Advising. For more information see the Baccalaureate Degree Requirements .
CHEM 1000 - Chemistry in the Modern World for General Education Area B1
for General Education Area B4
for General Education Area E
This concentration does not qualify students for admission to the Single Subject Credential Program. Students are required to get advising early in the program to help meet their career objectives. Each course counted toward the major, including prerequisites, must be completed with a grade of C- (1.9) or higher. All courses counted toward the major (both within and outside of the Department) must be taken on a letter grade basis. Most professional post-graduate degree programs (Graduate School, PT/OT School, etc.) have a prerequisite “repeat” policy that only allows a course to be taken twice for a passing grade; a course is considered a repeat even if it is taken at a different university. *120 units total is the minimum required for graduation; additional elective units may be required for graduation.