Nancy Burroughs, Ed.D., Adviser
The Applied Leadership program is drawn from various departments. Major disciplines include: Communication Studies, Computer Information Systems, Economics, Management, Marketing, Operations Management, Nursing, Political Science, Psychology, and Sociology.
Office: Demergasso-Bava Hall - DBH 125
Phone: (209) 667-3371
Bachelor of Science in Applied Leadership
The Bachelor of Science in Applied Leadership program prepares graduates for leadership roles in professional, technical, and vocational fields. This program also provides a broad understanding of the liberal arts. Applied Leadership students are prepared for advanced study in a number of programs, for example, the Master of Business Administration and the Master of Public Administration.
Students are urged to check the prerequisites of each course in this program. Course prerequisites assist students in selecting their coursework. Those without the formal prerequisites who feel they may be qualified for other reasons must contact the course instructor to determine if they are eligible to enroll.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students in the Applied Leadership program will:
- Demonstrate advanced professional and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate basic skills in computer information management.
- Demonstrate skills in the management of-and appreciation of the range in type of-contemporary organizations.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact constructively and productively with individuals and organizations in the public and private sectors.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of how a modern organization functions.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of group dynamics and leadership skills.