2015-2016 Academic Catalog [Archived Catalog]
Executive Master of Business Administration (E.M.B.A.)
Katrina Kidd, M.B.A., Director
Office: Demergasso Bava Hall (DBH) 209
Phone: (209) 667-3683
Professors: Gnepa, Hernandez, Filling, Johnson
Associate Professors: Huang, Kotrozo, Zong, Li
Assistant Professors: Hinrichs
View information for the College of Business Administration .
The Executive Master of Business Administration Program (EMBA) is a specialized degree program that provides study in leadership and management skills for persons in middle to upper-level management positions. It is intended for managers and professionals who work in private corporations, non-profit organizations, the public sector, and small businesses who wish to expand their leadership skills and enhance their careers. This program emphasizes the leadership skills necessary to: (1) analyze complex business problems and situations in a rapidly changing business environment; (2) develop solutions to such problems by working with people within one’s organization; and (3) implement solutions through the involvement and commitment to followers within and without the organization.
The EMBA is a lock step, cohort program whose courses are delivered in nine-week sessions. The program is completed within 15 months. EMBA courses are held off campus in Turlock, Stockton and Tracy.
Learning Goals and Objectives
- Students will have the ability to lead in dynamic organizational situations. Objective: Students will analyze and demonstrate leadership principles and their applications.
- Students will have the ability to identify and analyze complex managerial problems and opportunities in dynamic environments using an interdisicplinary approach. Objective: Students will analyze complex managerial problems using an interdisciplinary approach.
- Students will have awareness of and a personal philosophy toward ethical business practices. Objective: Students will recognize and analyze ethical problems, and choose and defend solutions in business settings.
- Students will have the ability to identify and articulate the risks and opportunities for all stakeholders of doing business in a global environment. Objective: Students will analyze management issues from a global persepctive.
- Students will work collaboratively in teams. Objective: Students will effectively participate and contribute in a team-based environment.
Admission to the Program
Applicants are required to have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and at least five years of middle- and upper-level professional management work experience.
Admission to the program will be based on the evaluation of academic and professional portfolios. This approach takes into consideration the following areas:
- Extend and nature of professional experience.
- Academic qualifications, including GPA and GMAT, GRE, or other graduate test scores.
- Potential for leadership and other personal qualities that demonstrate academic and professional promise.
- A personal interview.
Each applicant to the program must submit the following to the Graduate School:
- Fully completed California State University Graduate Application for Admission Form, online at www.csumentor.edu.
- Official transcripts from each college attended, other than CSU Stanislaus, as well as documentation of professional development education. A GPA of 2.5 is required in the last 60 semester units attempted.
Each applicant to the program must submit the following to the Executive MBA Office in the College of Business Administration:
- Current resume which includes documentation of all professional/managerial work experience and accomplishments.
- Two letters of recommendation from professional supervisors and/or peers.
- Applicant’s performance on GMAT, GRE, directly from the testing organization.
- Statement of career objectives.
- Supplementary Application.