Jun 20, 2018
John Borba, Ed.D., Program Coordinator
Office: DBH 348A
Phone: (209) 667-3260 or 3364
To be considered for admission to the Education M.A.: School Administraton Concentration program, the applicant must:
- Possess a baccalaureate degree.
- Have at least a 2.75 GPA in the last 60 units earned.
- Possess a valid teaching or service credential.
The applicant must:
- Complete the University Admission form including required transcripts of college/university coursework of the last 60 units.
- Be fully admitted to the School Administration Credential program (see credential program application procedures)
- Grade Requirements: Students seeking an M.A. are expected to maintain a GPA of 3.0 while in the program. The minimum acceptable grade for M.A. courses is a C.
- Final Requirements: To obtain the required recommendation for the M.A. from CSU Stanislaus, the student must:
- Complete all of the coursework required in the M.A. program.
- Demonstrate competency in the knowledge and skill areas of the program.
- Maintain a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 for all coursework required for the program.
- Apply and complete graduation paperwork/requirements
- Coursework expires seven years from completion and cannot be applied toward the Master’s degree. One-third of units may be revalidated if less than 10 years old. This applies to all Master’s degree options: thesis, project, or comprehensive examination.
Note: Early registration is strongly recommended.
Graduate Core Courses
Option 1: Thesis
Option 2: Project
Option 3: Comprehensive Examination
*Candidates will enroll in 2 graduate level elective courses approved by the program coordinator.
**The comprehensive examination requirement is satisfied by the submission of a passing score from the School Leadership Licensure Assessment (SLLA) or passing scores from the California Preliminiary Administrative Services Credential Examination (CPACE). A minimum passing scaled score for the SLLA is 173. A minimum passing scaled score for the CPACE-Written component is 220, and the minimum passing scaled score for the CPACE-Video component is also 220. Passage of both the CPACE-Written and the CPACE-Video components are required to pass the CPACE Examination. Additional information regarding the SLLA may be found at the ETS School Leadership Series website and the CPACE at the CTC CPACE website.
Note: See course description for EDGS 7005 - Continuing Thesis or Project and EDGS 7006 - Continuing Comprehensive Examination .