Ashour Badal, Ph.D., Director
Office: Demergasso Bava Hall (DBH) 241
Phone: (209) 664-6747
View information for the College of Business Administration .
The Executive Master of Business Administration Program (EMBA) is a specialized degree program that provides study in leadership and management skills for persons in middle to upper-level management positions. It is intended for managers and professionals who work in private corporations, non-profit organizations, the public sector, and small businesses who wish to expand their leadership skills and enhance their careers. This program emphasizes the leadership skills necessary to: (1) analyze complex business problems and situations in a rapidly changing business environment; (2) develop solutions to such problems by working with people within one’s organization; and (3) implement solutions through the involvement and commitment to followers within and without the organization.
The EMBA is a lock step, cohort program that is delivered in nine-week sessions. The program is completed within 15 months.
Admission to the Program
Applicants are required to have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and at least five years of middle- and upper-level professional management work experience.
Admission to the program will be based on the evaluation of academic and professional portfolios. This approach takes into consideration the following areas:
- Extend and nature of professional experience.
- Academic qualifications, including GPA and GMAT, GRE, or other graduate test scores.
- Potential for leadership and other personal qualities that demonstrate academic and professional promise.
- A personal interview.
Each applicant to the program must submit the following to the EMBA Office:
- Fully completed California State University Graduate Application for Admission Form.
- Official transcripts from each college attended, as well as documentation of professional development education. A cumulative GPA of 2.5 is expected.
- Current resume which includes documentation of all professional/managerial work experience and accomplishments.
- Two letters of recommendation from professional supervisors and/or peers.
- Applicant’s performance on GMAT, GRE, or other graduate test scores is required. A GMAT score of 500 is expected.